PDA

View Full Version : Sending Error Report : What you do????

yogesh.mundhe
2010-11-29, 10:29 AM
I am curious about the filling error report which comes after Fatal Errors. Initially I used to give the details about the error means how this error comes which commands I was performing after which Revit suddenly crash.

The response to error report is only install a Update if software is not updated.

After updating a software if again Fatal Error comes and if forwarded a report then I will never get a any report or any solution.

So my question ...IS IT REALLY WORTH TO SEND A SUCH REPORT????

What generally you do...
1. Just Sending a report.
2. Ignoring the send error message and Restarts a system.
3. Sending a Detail Report mentioning a Step by Step how error comes.

Dave Jones
2010-11-29, 05:34 PM
I am curious about the filling error report which comes after Fatal Errors. Initially I used to give the details about the error means how this error comes which commands I was performing after which Revit suddenly crash.

The response to error report is only install a Update if software is not updated.

After updating a software if again Fatal Error comes and if forwarded a report then I will never get a any report or any solution.

So my question ...IS IT REALLY WORTH TO SEND A SUCH REPORT????

What generally you do...
1. Just Sending a report.
2. Ignoring the send error message and Restarts a system.
3. Sending a Detail Report mentioning a Step by Step how error comes.

I'd take door #3. Anytime that you can give Adesk a step by step report that they can use to reproduce the error would be better than any other method IMO. That said I've never had to file an error report in my almost 20 years of using Adesk products.

twiceroadsfool
2010-11-29, 05:52 PM
I file them all the time. And just two weeks ago we got a call back from someone who handles those error reports. Its a different (or somehow dedicated) group of support. They found a correlation between that and one of our Support Requests, and were able to track down a solution that Support hadnt come up with yet.

If you dont file it, you cant complain the problem doesnt get fixed.