PDA

View Full Version : Custom View Title

Bryan Thatcher
2010-11-29, 06:57 PM
I'm trying to create a custom view title and I'm stumbling with the process. Can someone direct me to a good tutorial. Or outline the steps? Thanks.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-29, 07:45 PM
What parts of the view title are you trying to customize? There all lots of different ways to customize them but it helps to know where you want to go first. Without knowing more of what you want to make I'd say just open one of the defaults and dig around to understand how its built and how it works. Lables, linework, ref planes, static text, visibilities, and more can all be tweaked. Make adjustments and load back into the project to see how those adjustments changed what things look like in the project.

Dave Jones
2010-11-29, 08:14 PM
I'm trying to create a custom view title and I'm stumbling with the process. Can someone direct me to a good tutorial. Or outline the steps? Thanks.

also, I did a quick Google search for "Revit edit view title" and got 148,000 hits and the top few looked just like what you're looking for. Check it out

Bryan Thatcher
2010-11-29, 08:18 PM
I've made pretty good progress. I'm trying to add a north arrow to the right side of the 'line'. What defines that line and how can I lock something to the end of it? Thanks.

eric.piotrowicz
2010-11-29, 08:49 PM
The length of that line is an instance parameter and the position of the north arrow within the family is a type parameter. They can not be tied together to be stretchable. You could create several various family types for different line lengths.