PDA

View Full Version : Synchronizing with Structure

pat.walsh
2010-12-01, 12:30 AM
OK I just recieved the structural model for the building I am designing and need to synch it into my architecture model. I have never done this (and have done no tutorials on this). Was thinking I can just open it up and "synchronize now". Thinking that sounds too easy though. Any info I should know regarding what to do first?

eric.piotrowicz
2010-12-01, 12:48 AM
I'm not sure that I understand, did they add structure to a model you sent them and now you want to add their work into the model you have been working on? This really won't work aside from copy/paste with your fingers crossed and its deffinitely going to create problems.
Typically one would link each engineer's model into the architectural project for reference. Using the Shared Coordinates functionality keeps the models located correctly once they are initially placed. When a new model is received then just copy it on the network right over top of the old model (names must match) and the next time you open your project it will load the updated engineer's model. Any link can also be reloaded on the fly in Manage Links menu.