PDA

View Full Version : Monolithic Stair Issue

Clyne Curtis
2011-01-13, 02:39 PM
All,

I get the attached error message when I try and create a monolithic stair. I have tried adjusting settings but can't seem to resolve this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Clyne

patricks
2011-01-13, 05:30 PM
You need to set your stair properties to NOT end with a riser at the top of the run. Ending with a riser is typical for framed stair types (wood, steel) but with monolithic stairs you have to end with a tread at the top.

Clyne Curtis
2011-01-13, 06:35 PM
Thanks Patrick!

That was the ticket! I had toggled that off once but didn't redraw the stairs with the new setting. DOH!

Clyne

jj mac
2011-03-10, 04:44 PM
I wanted to piggy back off this thread because I am having an (similar) issue with monolithic stairs, but it's not the "end with/begin with" riser issue.

When you sketch a monlithic stair, Revit calculates one extra riser than what is desired. Upon completing the sketch one additional riser line will show in plan (if your at the top looking down), but it's not actually a riser, it's just the end of the stair.

Why is this a problem? It's a problem because the stair actually has one riser less than what is shown graphically in plan. When the stair is tagged to display the number of risers (or if properties are observed), it will in fact indicate the correct number of risers.

When documenting monolithic stairs we do not want to show that extra line, because it appears to indicate the stair is starting (going down) from the wrong line. (going up it's not an issue)

Does anyone know how to get around this? Is it a bug?

Any help/ideas greatly appreciated.