PDA

View Full Version : Why that "Centre of Rotation" icon keeps coming back to its origin?

Gadget Man
2005-01-03, 01:27 PM
Here I come again!

Another of my "#!?@$!" questions: When I want to rotate an object (text, imported file, symbol - whatever) not always I can do it in one go and sometimes I need to move "Centre of Rotation" to some specific point from its default position in the middle. Sometimes it takes me two or three attempts to do it right (that's being me - I'm slow, you know...) and every time I have to move this icon again, because this freaken thing keeps on coming back to its default location ("Centre of Rotation" I mean). Is there some trick (or setting) to pin it in one spot off-centre?

By the way - sorry for any "spellos" but Spell Check still doesn't work...

Jerry

Parkinson
2005-01-03, 02:54 PM
Click on the object(s), make it into a group.
When you click on the group the group's origin will appear. You can modify the origins location and rotation by grabbing onto the grips. Once you position this to where you want it, now click on the rotate button and you will see the origin of the rotate coincides with the origin of the group. You can now rotate the object as many times as you want and the new origin remains until you move it. Once you ungroup the object(s) the origin of rotation returns to the object's centre. Strangely I have never taken advantage of this manoevre.
Hope this helps, one of the gurus can follow up with a more succinct explanation.