PDA

View Full Version : Entities in Section

antman
2011-01-17, 11:50 PM
Is it possible to show specific entities in a section, even if they do not fall within the view range? I want to show a truss that runs parallel to the view, but increasing the view depth includes all manner of objects I don't want to see (including some hatch patterns on curved surfaces, so using the linework tool to make lines invisible isn't really a desired option.

bcm2345
2011-01-18, 10:55 AM
Is it possible to show specific entities in a section, even if they do not fall within the view range? I want to show a truss that runs parallel to the view, but increasing the view depth includes all manner of objects I don't want to see (including some hatch patterns on curved surfaces, so using the linework tool to make lines invisible isn't really a desired option.

if by "entities" you mean elements- have you tried the "Temporary Hide/Isolate" command
down on the view bar? those little glasses..

dhurtubise
2011-01-18, 12:23 PM
You cant really show the element itself.
You wuold have to extend the depth and hide all the other elements that you dont want to see.
Depending on the situation you might be able to overlay 2 sections on a sheet.

gvluisi
2011-01-18, 08:43 PM
(including some hatch patterns on curved surfaces, so using the linework tool to make lines invisible isn't really a desired option.

If you decide to extend your view range depth you can turn the surface patterns of your walls off. (uncheck visible in the VG dialog box for Walls > projection/ Surface > Pattern

Honestly. I've never overlayed two views on top of each other but it seems like managing the properties of two views is twice the work.

In your section view, you could place a detail component of the truss and not worry about view depth or overlaying of views. hth