PDA

View Full Version : Cut Plane Overides at the Family Level?

SuperDave
2011-01-18, 02:33 PM
My Project Cut Plane is set to work well for Doors/Windows etc. however many families like casework's, bath and wall based stuff don't display correctly this way. I'm referring to where these objects meet the drywall which in our projects, are shut off for plan clarity. As my attached image shows, I can draw Plan regions in certain areas to override the Cut Plane height to make them display correctly. What I was wondering was is it possible to set this behavior up at the family level so that this could be done automatically? Is there a better approach to addressing my drywall edge visibility issues?

Thanks - Dave

MNsnowtaTy
2011-01-18, 05:15 PM
How are you turning the drywall visibility on/off?

SuperDave
2011-01-18, 05:24 PM
We are using the Visibility Graphics of the Walls to override the Drywall Layers to show just the Wall Core. But, it appears that the Drywall is still covering up what is below/inside of it. We're basically looking for the best way to hide the Drywall element, but make sure that objects that share common edges to the Drywall, are still drawn/shown correctly.

MNsnowtaTy
2011-01-18, 05:35 PM
Not sure if this will work for you or not, but worth a try.

Edit the families and add a invisible symbolic line from the ref level up high enough to cut through your view depth. You won't see the invisible line in prints or elevations, only when you hover over or select it. I think that this might be an ideal solution for your problem.

I've used that as a solution when my cut plane is higher than a the top of a family or below the height of the family. When the cut plane cuts the symbolic line it should include the whole family.

Good luck!

SuperDave
2011-01-18, 06:48 PM
It Worked! Thank you for the great tip. So we're tricking Revit into thinking the Tub is actually a lot taller then it really is - Counter Intuitive, but it works.

Thanks - Dave