PDA

View Full Version : Question about revision clouds and deltas

rtaube
2011-01-20, 02:00 PM
This is a question from someone that hasn't taken a project all the way through completion so I haven't used revision clouds or deltas yet, so I don't know exactly how they work in Revit.

I'm glancing through a project right now that was done by another firm in Revit and I noticed an oddity. On each sheet the delta numbers are different. For instance, let's say they issued a Bulletin #63 on 06/21/2010. On one sheet, this bulletin is Delta 5, on another Delta 10, and on another Delta 3.

I always assumed that a specific delta number referred to a specific issuance on a specific date. However, in this project, it seems that each sheet is delta numbered sequentially without reference to a project-wide issuance. (i.e. sheet A-100 has Delta 1,2,3.... sheet A1-101 has Delta 1,2,3,4,5,6... etc.)

Is this common? Can Revit handle Deltas in both methods?

david_peterson
2011-01-20, 02:59 PM
This is a question from someone that hasn't taken a project all the way through completion so I haven't used revision clouds or deltas yet, so I don't know exactly how they work in Revit.

I'm glancing through a project right now that was done by another firm in Revit and I noticed an oddity. On each sheet the delta numbers are different. For instance, let's say they issued a Bulletin #63 on 06/21/2010. On one sheet, this bulletin is Delta 5, on another Delta 10, and on another Delta 3.

I always assumed that a specific delta number referred to a specific issuance on a specific date. However, in this project, it seems that each sheet is delta numbered sequentially without reference to a project-wide issuance. (i.e. sheet A-100 has Delta 1,2,3.... sheet A1-101 has Delta 1,2,3,4,5,6... etc.)

Is this common? Can Revit handle Deltas in both methods?
It's way more common IMHO to revise each sheet sequentially and individually. On large projects where you may issue responses to say 100 RFI's and do say 40 CB's. The delta should be tied to how many times you revised or reissued the sheet. I don't think I've ever seen a revision block go 1,4,8,10. It would make me wonder what happened to the other revisions.
Make sense?

gvluisi
2011-01-20, 04:12 PM
Yes, Revit handles both methods...

In the Sheet Issues/ Revisions dialog box you have the option to track your revisions Per Project or Per Sheet. Your example is Per Sheet.