PDA

View Full Version : Mark tag reset

KayMan
2011-01-21, 04:11 AM
In my project Im placing windows but when I tag them they start tagging at 300, 301, 302 etc......even though there are not 300 windows in the project.
Is there a way that I can start the tag at 1, 2, 3 etc. sequenntially????

DaveP
2011-01-21, 03:58 PM
Revit will start the Tagging from whatever was last Tagged.
In this project, if you Insert a Windows and Tag it as, say 100, your next Window should be 101.
But what you probably really want to do is go back into your Project Template and reset it there. Somewhere along the line, your Template had a Window 300, so any new projects start from there. Just open your Template, add a Window, number it ONE LESS THAN the first number you want, and then delete the window. In other words, Tag that window with 99 if you want to start at 100 - or 0 if you want to start at 1.

Lots of things use the concept of incrementing from the last created, so as long as you're in there, you might also want to check Doors, and Sheets

KayMan
2011-01-25, 02:22 AM
Yes, I understand that.
But if I have placed a heap of 'windows' that have a sequential mark tag is there an easier way to renumber these items???? Or do I have to do it manually???

Would be nice if there was a macro/api app that could help me out.....

DaveP
2011-01-25, 01:37 PM
Guess I misunderstood what you meant by "start" :lol:
Check out the Avatech utilities for a Renumber tool:
http://www.avatech.com/solutions/building-design/product-details.aspx?product=44