PDA

View Full Version : Brick Sill

Clyne Curtis
2003-10-07, 10:31 PM
I am trying to figure out the easiest way to add a brick sill to a window. Would somebody mind pointing me in the right direction?

Thanks

Clyne

aggockel50321
2003-10-07, 11:03 PM
Here's two ways:

Open the window family you want to add the sill to. Edit the wall opening to allow for the sill. Keep in mind it's probably restrained to the original window geometry or ref. planes, so you'll have to change the constraints to match your new opening. Model the sill as sweep, locking the ends of the path to the "width" reference planes, so it flexes with the window. Model the profile to match how you want the sill to set under the window.
Set the sill material to a brick soldier coarse. Save as & load the window in your project.

or....

Open a wall based family & model your sill as above, including the opening cut thru the wall. Set up a width parameter and any others you want. Save as, & close. Open a window family that you want to add a sill. Load your sill into the family. Place it & align it with your window, setting it's width parameter to match the window's. Flex the window to make sure it follows.

I'm home now, and have had a couple of glasses of merlot, so I've probably missed a few steps, but the best way to learn is to jump in & beat your brains out...

beegee
2003-10-07, 11:58 PM
Yet another way is to use Host Sweep _ Wall Sweep. ( load an appropriate brick profile first or substitute later )

Its quick n easy.

Clyne Curtis
2003-10-08, 01:50 PM
Thanks heaps guys!