PDA

View Full Version : Compound structure help

wse1
2005-01-03, 06:42 PM
By using compound wall structures, I have been able to select and drag certain layers in my wall structure to show how the ext. finish and sheathing run past the floor deck and over the concrete foundation silll, while the stud and drywall layers stay situated on top of the subfloor. The question I have is in regards to the floor structure in that the finish flooring is running under the stud and sole plate. Is there a similar way to unlock layers in a floor system that will allow me to move the finish floor over and keep the subfloor and joist in the right position?

As always, thanks for the help!

aaronrumple
2005-01-03, 06:51 PM
Make the subfloor part of the floor core.

luigi
2005-01-03, 06:54 PM
I hope you will get help from others, but you can use the edit cut profile......just a 2d version of a solution... The join command may not help you, but it tries to have one component join with another. You can try to play with the order of the component so that it can join automatically.

Rhythmick
2005-01-04, 02:56 PM
I would just make a separate floor for your finish floor.You can always copy the floor to the same place and change the parameters on each to suit your needs. Or just create the finish floor separatly by offsetting the creation lines the amount needed from the framed floor.

tatlin
2005-01-04, 09:30 PM
The question I have is in regards to the floor structure in that the finish flooring is running under the stud and sole plate. Is there a similar way to unlock layers in a floor system that will allow me to move the finish floor over and keep the subfloor and joist in the right position?

As always, thanks for the help!
Just use the Join Geometry tool to join the wall and floor to each other. This will clean up the layers between the wall and the floor