PDA

View Full Version : ARCxl detail library

MikeJarosz
2011-01-27, 04:39 PM
Anybody out there have any experience with the ARCxl detail library? They claim they have 41,000 native drawn Revit details. I think that might put them ahead of Arcat or even Sweets.

They're not free and if 40,500 of them are wood framing details, I don't need them.

msiever
2011-04-11, 06:15 PM
As the developer of ARCxl.com I have a fair amount of experience with the ARCxl detail library. It should be pointed out that these are 2-d completed construction details (and newly released 2-d component families) for inclusion in drafting views, so they shouldn't be compared to 3-d families that may be found through ARCAT or Sweets. Both are intended to serve different purposes.

Ours are non-proprietary and have been completely FREE of charge since December 2010. Much of the construction includes metal stud framing, wood framing, and CMU based details, but all are intended to be easily edited by the end-user. With a little modification they are considerably more efficient than detailing from scratch.

www.arcxl.com

Thanks for asking and I hope this helps.

msiever
2011-04-12, 03:09 PM
I should have mentioned that access to ARCxl free completed details and components requires verifiable architectural registration or employment by an architecture firm. However, access to the building manufacturer's product directory requires no login or account creation.

Sorry for any confusion.

aysspam932969
2012-02-23, 09:12 PM
Hi, the arcxl website seems to be down (horribly), giving a runtime error etc...