PDA

View Full Version : Key Schedule - Outline Sheet Spec.

barathd
2011-01-30, 12:09 AM
I am almost certain what I am trying to do is impossible. I am attempting to use a Key Schedule for a Outline Sheet Spec. - attempting to do an indent for subcategory and maintain the numbering i.e. 4.6.1. Has anyone succeed at this - if so could please inform how.

Thanks

Dick Barath

barathd
2011-01-30, 12:14 AM
Seems to me that only a simple Arithmetic progression is possible i.e. 4.1, 4.2, 4.3. My problem is that the consultant insists on keeping his format (the attached). If I import from Autocad - Revit breaks formatting. A real mess.

dhurtubise
2011-01-30, 12:49 AM
Why not use Keynotes or Note blocks?

barathd
2011-01-30, 02:58 AM
Daniel:

I am not pointing at anything - these are structural "sheet notes".

Regards

Dick Barath

dhurtubise
2011-01-30, 01:35 PM
You don't have to point to anything with either methods.

barathd
2011-01-30, 06:06 PM
Hi Daniel:

Guess what I meant to say these are not labels - would you have an example you could share.

Thanks

Dick Barath

dhurtubise
2011-01-30, 06:59 PM
Check here
http://revitit.com/blog/?p=360

barathd
2011-01-30, 09:27 PM
Daniel:

Hope the attachement shows you what I am trying to do. Its the idents that create the problems. One can create new "key schedules" for them alone to achieve this. This is sad that after so many years no credible "text editing" development.

Regards

Dick Barath

dhurtubise
2011-01-31, 03:23 PM
Not really if you consider "text" not really BIM/cooridnated but i see your points.
You can get what youre after pretty easily except that columns wont be connected.
If you have Revit Series, you could create that in AutoCAD and link it in Revit

barathd
2011-02-01, 04:02 AM
Hi Daniel:

Revit link to Autocad does not work - Revit can not maintain Autocad formatting. I have recently spent some time trying the Text Generator extension seems to work fine as long as you do not change column width.

Regards

Dick Barath

dhurtubise
2011-02-01, 04:15 PM
I beg to differ here :)
You create the text in AutoCAD and you can link that in Revit. The text will look exactly like in AutoCAD. You can then place that view on a sheet.
If you need to modify the text, you can go back to AutoCAD and reload.
During that step of the process i've seen quirks like column sizes resizing(if using a table) but it's easily fix in AutoCAD.

barathd
2011-02-01, 09:50 PM
Hi Daniel:

Please have a look. I was given the specifications by a structural consultant. I took this spec and imported to Revit - as you can see it is not what I have in Autocad. This has not been altered in Word or any other program straight from Autocad. Left is Autocad - right Revit link Autocad.

Regards

Dick Barath

dhurtubise
2011-02-02, 03:06 AM
Here's an example

barathd
2011-02-02, 04:20 AM
Daniel:

Thank you - I got my head around what you have done with the Key Schedule. I even got my indents as you can see - looks great. However through this long exchange I rediscovered the Text Generator extension - IMHO works much ... much better. Editing is the same as editing regular text - Key Schedules seem to be more difficult to edit. Your method does however give one much better control of the width of the column. At the end of the day seems like more than one option is available.

Regards

Dick Barath

dhurtubise
2011-02-02, 01:54 PM
What do they say about the roads leading to Rome? :)

barathd
2011-02-02, 04:47 PM
What do they say about the roads leading to Rome? :)
TRUE - all roads lead to Rome.