PDA

View Full Version : Web Install Problems - Content Installer

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-03, 09:54 PM
Anyone tried installing from the web site lately? I'm trying to upgrade a machine in our office and the installer keeps failing on me.
Installing from the web, direct download. I get an error message telling me it can't start the content installer, file can't be found. Tried saving to local hard drive, installing directly from the site, no luck either way.
Any suggestions.

Edit: exact message reads

Unable to start Content Loader
Error: Specified procedure could not be found (127)

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-01-04, 05:47 PM
OK, Problem solved... sort of.

The install finished the program installation and the content was the only thing missing. I decided to check and see if the prgram isntall was complete. When I opened from the Revit icon on the desktop it started without a prbelm, didn't find the content or template foldrs and it asked me if I wanted to try and install the content again. On one machine it worked, on the other it didn't. I ended up copying content folders from one machine to the other. The only difference in the two installs was that one was installed to D: drive the other to C: (C was the one that worked)
Still don't understand why it didn't work for the web or from disk but at least everyone is upgraded now.

mcuevas
2005-01-05, 04:24 AM
Same thing happened to me when I installed the first copy. I then copied the content just as you did. I couldn't figure it out either.

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-02-02, 11:48 PM
I'm trying to install the latest build and I'm having the same problem again. To make matters worse, I don't have the imperial content to copy from another folder. Personally this doesn't break my heart but some in the office are working on imperial projects so they sort of need this stuff.

Does the install require ADMIN privileges or anything else that I'm missing?
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-03, 05:31 AM
You could just download the cabs from the Autodesk website, couldn't you? And back at the office, isn't there a network location where you're keeping all this stuff?

rookwood
2005-02-03, 06:06 AM
How do you know which .cab files to download and where do you get them? Beginning with the original version 7 and including all the updates, the install seems to hang and I end up with a message stating that not all .cab files were installed. I have no idea what has been, and is, missing in version 7.

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-03, 06:54 AM
Surf to http://revit.autodesk.com (http://revit.autodesk.com/) and follow the link under Autodesk Revit Content and Libraries. There are several cabs with content in them; you could download all the ones you want and use Winzip to unpack them into the folders you want...

Dimitri Harvalias
2005-02-03, 07:18 AM
Thanks Wes. That's what I ended up doing but I can't figure out why it won't install directly from the web. The strange thing is that it's just the Imperial content files that don't want to install. Maybe it's the government monitoring the internet and making sure that we take this metric thing seriously. After all, Canada's been officially metric for about thirty years now right?

Wes Macaulay
2005-02-03, 07:49 AM
Trudeau lives on! :beer: