PDA

View Full Version : ASI/RFI Conundrum

snowocean
2011-02-01, 12:13 AM
I am currently working on an office building that was completely in about half the time as it should have been, but due to the clients current lease ending when it does they insisted we do it in half the time. Now we are in the CA phase it appears we will not have the room in our title block to list all the issues of that sheet. The strategy is to cloud and tag all RFI's and ASI's when we issue, but not list that particular issue in the sheet title block.

Sounds easy except they also want the ability to turn on all the clouds and re-issue sheets as necessary.

Does anyone know a way to cloud and tag revisions while keeping that information out of the title block? i was hoping some sort of filter could be used, but i have not been successful with anything yet.

Any help would be appreciated!

david_peterson
2011-02-01, 03:00 PM
The only thing I can think of is to merge the revisions into one for the issuance of the sheet. Problem you'll have is that the tags will update to that revision.
So if you did a cb1, a cb2 and an ASI-3 and wanted to issue them as Rev 1 you can merge them all into rev one. However the tag you used (if you let revit be intelligent) will switch to that revision.
You're kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place. We've gone away from that. We issue full sheets for revisions. Don't matted what kind. In our mind everyone has Adobe and you can print what ever screen image you want. So instead of issuing 4 sketches on 8.5x11 for the same sheet, we do one.
The other way it's been done was we'd do a hand modified sketch with a CB or an ASI and then modify the drawings for the next revision. Then once a month or so we'd issue full sheets of anything that was revised.
CB's and ASI type stuff doesn't play well. Hence that's why we just issue the full sheet and let the GC & subs decide what they need to print.
Just my 2 cents. I'm sure there's many other theory's out there.