PDA

View Full Version : Revit Reference Materials

StephenJ
2011-02-04, 06:33 PM
I am finishing my first Revit project, it is a house addition, and now that my feet are wet I would like some input on what revit users think of the currently available reference books.

I have taught myself from scratch, after 17+ years of working with cad and managing cad systems. There were a few online tutorials and questions asked on this site during the process. I recently bought Paul Aubin's "Revit Architecture 2011" book and see it useful for a general guideline on how to use Revit but want to know if other books may give a little more information about the nuts and bolts of the software, its commands and its customization. Thanks for any input.

david_peterson
2011-02-04, 10:13 PM
The "Mastering Revit Architecture" is a good source. At least I know the Revit Structure version is good.

kpaxton
2011-02-07, 04:46 PM
I'll add my two cents and concur with David on the Introducing Revit Architecture and Mastering Revit Architecture series. They seem to go a little deeper into the nuts and bolts and are a good reference. I'll also add that although books are well and good, nothing beats live training that is tailored to your needs. 8)