PDA

View Full Version : casework issue

KayMan
2011-02-07, 04:32 AM
Ive got a family that's placed side by side. Ive dimensioned the gap between the two families but Im unable to alter this dimension if I click on one of these familes...... This method of spaceing placement works for all other families so I dont know why if doesnt work for this particular 1.......
Any ideas???

DoTheBIM
2011-02-07, 12:59 PM
Depending on the complexity of what's going on... Revit will require you to "activate dimensions" which means you have to click the button on the options bar to get access to changing the dimensions.

This doesn't sound like your case but thought we'd rule it out.

KayMan
2011-02-07, 09:18 PM
Depending on the complexity of what's going on... Revit will require you to "activate dimensions" which means you have to click the button on the options bar to get access to changing the dimensions.

This doesn't sound like your case but thought we'd rule it out.

Yeah, I had tried this......no dim's visible when I press this. Dims are visible when I select other families....so Im not sure whats going on......

cj_follmer
2011-02-07, 10:18 PM
Maybe something is locked. Check that the dim is not locked. Check that the casework is not locked to something.

Double check that the dimension is referencing the casework and not something else.

KayMan
2011-03-09, 03:41 AM
OK, I can easily use 'Activate Dimensions' for this family......I’m not sure why some families of similar detail allow me to move by selecting the family then overriding the existing dimension.....

I just want to eliminate the additional step of clicking 'activate dimensions'