PDA

View Full Version : Model groups cannot be selected on the first floor plan

jbacurin
2011-02-07, 07:17 PM
i have been messing with this problem for too long now and need some help. For some reason I cannot select any model group on the first floor plan. All of the components IN the groups appear in the plan but the actual group itself does not. I know that the group is really there and has not been exploded because i can still edit them if i got to the second floor plan and turn on the first floor plan underlay. Model groups are all working fine on every other view except for ANY of my first floor views. Even if i create a new model group on the first floor I still cannot select it. I think it it must be some setting related to the first floor views themselves but i cannot figure it out. Can anybody out there help me out please?

Thank you!

detroit.architecture
2011-02-08, 02:35 PM
Something similar happened to me once a while back, after torturing myself for way too long I realized there was a very large but almost invisible linked CAD drawing in the way that was preventing selection of the model group beyond it (strangely, other elements remained selectable). I turned off Imported Categories and was immediately able to select the group. Hope that's helpful.

The answer lies somewhere in your VG or view range/view properties, since it is view-specific.

Also look for plan regions, hidden plan regions, and groups on wrong worksets, active filters, etc.

jbacurin
2011-02-10, 04:25 PM
thank you for the suggestions but none of them worked. However, even though i couldnt fix the existing floor plan view, i was able to work around it. As it turned out my first floor plan views were all duplicated off a view that wasnt functioning right. We ended up creating totally new floor plan views and deleting the ones that didnt work. We had to replace them on our sheets again and reformat them but it saved us a lot of headaches in the long run.

again, thank you for your suggestions. i am still puzzled about what happened to those views though. Perhaps just another Revit glitch....