PDA

View Full Version : Revit Roof Question

jsteinhauer
2011-02-08, 12:19 AM
Hello All,

I have been trying to get a roof built in Revit where to ridge slopes as well as the face of the roof plane. I was able to model the roof several different ways. But, when I go to attach my walls, it freaks out and won't allow it to happen. I am wondering if anyone else has come across this issue. I have attached several screen captures to help you all understand the geometry of the roof. I look forward to hearing back from you all about you suggestions to get this issue resolved.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff S.

rosskirby
2011-02-08, 12:23 AM
What do you mean by "it freaks out"? What does the error message say? Does it allow you to continue, or do you have to cancel? Are you sure that the wall will intersect the roof when extended vertically? Need more info.

jsteinhauer
2011-02-08, 12:40 AM
What do you mean by "it freaks out"? What does the error message say? Does it allow you to continue, or do you have to cancel? Are you sure that the wall will intersect the roof when extended vertically? Need more info.

Hi Ross,

It give the attached error message. I followed a suggestion from a guy up in our structural department, and it works. I rotated the building 45 degrees so that the walls were not at an angle in reference to the plan view. Once that was done, it would allow me to attach the walls to the roof. I then detached the walls and rotated the whole kit & caboodle to be in the proper orientation to NSEW. Then reattached to roof and all is well in the world.

Thanks,

Jeff S.