PDA

View Full Version : Curtain Panel Blank?

antman
2011-02-08, 11:43 PM
Is it possible to not have a curtain panel? I just want blank space between the mullions so I set Curtain Panel to None in the Type Properties, but it's defaulting to System Panel: Glazed.

cdatechguy
2011-02-09, 12:11 AM
There should be a panel called empty.... Else you modify an existing panel, delete the extrusion and resave as empty panel... :beer:

antman
2011-02-09, 12:21 AM
Ah, I had to load it since it wasn't in the project already. Here's the error I get when I try to use it.

dhurtubise
2011-02-09, 02:07 PM
Thats because you have a non-rectangular shape one.
You should have an Empty System Panel

dfriesen
2011-02-09, 02:45 PM
Empty System Panel is one of my favorite objects. ;-)

If you don't have it in your project, start a New Project with template "none", and you'll have only the basic System panels - glazed & solid, and a separate one called Empty System Panel. Create a curtainwall with one of those panels in it, and copy/paste it into your project.

Creating your own "empty" panel from another curtain panel family will not give you the same results, as shown by the error message you got.

cdatechguy
2011-02-09, 03:34 PM
You should be able to unpin a panel and change it to whatever you want....but another option is to modify the profile of the curtain wall....

I tend to go the long way on my curtain walls though....adding all the curtain grids manually so I don't have to worry about unpinning mullions and panels... but I switch out the panels with empty ones all the time, as a matter of fact I am working on one right now.

antman
2011-02-09, 04:32 PM
Thanks Michael. Somehow it works to change them after they're created, but I can't specify them in the Curtain Wall type. Any tips on how to fix the rest of this curtain wall? This is a trellis with 2" square outer tube and 1" x 1/8" flat steel for the latticework. Is there any way to make the outer frame 'dominant' so that the mullions don't extend into or break it? Also, for some reason the 'horizontal' mullions (the ones running up/left) are breaking perpendicular instead of on the appropriate angle.

cdatechguy
2011-02-09, 04:45 PM
Haven't had much luck with angled curtain walls....and personally I would have created a family for what your doing instead of a curtain wall..

There should be crosshairs at the intersections of the mullions when each one is selected individually...clicking on these changes the priority of the mullion. That's about all I can offer to get them to join right in this scenario...

dhurtubise
2011-02-09, 07:56 PM
and personally I would have created a family for what your doing instead of a curtain wall..

Looks more like a window to me

cdatechguy
2011-02-09, 08:06 PM
Looks more like a window to me

Quiet you... :p