PDA

View Full Version : New Room Numbers

mj2
2011-02-11, 02:48 PM
I am looking for a way to change a good percentage of our room numbers. The problem is that we have already sumbitted our CD set, with all of the current room numbers. I would like to keep both the old numbers and the new numbers accessible in the drawings.

I could make an instance text box on the room tag and manually input all of the old numbers, however we have approximately 500 rooms making that option a bit daunting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

dhurtubise
2011-02-11, 03:24 PM
You could use the Revit DB link to export to a table then populate there and puch back.
And like you said in a new parameter.

mj2
2011-02-11, 03:44 PM
Thanks. What is DB link? Would I be able to display both the old number and the new one?

cdatechguy
2011-02-11, 06:41 PM
Create a Shared parameter called New Room Number or something like that....

Then create a Room Tag with that same Shared Parameter...

Add the new parameter to your room schedule so that you can have the old number and the new number side by side...

I do this for my signage plans/schedules when they renumber our rooms to make the signs work better.

RobG
2011-02-11, 07:20 PM
http://response.rand.com/forms/UtilitiesforRevitDownload-IMAGINiT

try their demo version, it includes the Room Renumber tool. We've used their addons in the past (they even used to be free once upon a time, wish that was still the case!)

dhurtubise
2011-02-11, 07:27 PM
The guy is trying NOT TO renumber everything manually. So the renumbering tool wont do it. You're really gonna go around and click 500 rooms?
The DB Link is a tool that you will find on the sbscription site. It will allow you to export to a DB and in the DB you create Room Number automatically based on either criteria or new numbers.
Then you can push those new numbers in new parameters.
Takes about 5 mins...once your're setup :)

cdatechguy
2011-02-11, 09:11 PM
The guy is trying NOT TO renumber everything manually. So the renumbering tool wont do it. You're really gonna go around and click 500 rooms?
The DB Link is a tool that you will find on the sbscription site. It will allow you to export to a DB and in the DB you create Room Number automatically based on either criteria or new numbers.
Then you can push those new numbers in new parameters.
Takes about 5 mins...once your're setup :)

Rob should be focusing on his move....not on AUGI.... ;)

RobG
2011-02-11, 09:15 PM
Rob should be focusing on his move....not on AUGI.... ;)

shush you...

cescalante73
2011-02-11, 11:18 PM
Try the BIMLINK tool. This will allow you to export parameter values to an excel spreadsheet. Then you can re-import the values to the room objects. www.ideatebimlink.com

dhurtubise
2011-02-12, 02:07 PM
@ 900$ im definitely going with the free DBLink.

cdatechguy
2011-02-12, 10:10 PM
@ 900$ im definitely going with the free DBLink.

I'd go with my method as well.....ouch...:shock: