PDA

View Full Version : Ceiling tag for bottom of exposed floor slab above

detroit.architecture
2011-02-11, 09:29 PM
Hi

Anyone have a workaround for this? I'm modeling an existing (but largely gutted) TI space and I'm trying to show the height of the bottom of a slab (floor) which is acting as the exposed-to-above ceiling where there is no gyp or ACT. I need it to report the height above the level below; say, Level 1. This would be in a Level 1 RCP. I already have a ceiling height tag in action on the areas with Revit ceilings.

My proposed approach was to build a floor tag that reports the Height Offset from Level and then subtracts the thickness of the slab, but the Level associated with the slab is, of course, the next level above, Level 2.

Obviously I could just do a dumb type box and manually enter values but I like to be fully automated unless it is completely impossible.

Makes sense? Any simpler, more elegant ideas?

cescalante73
2011-02-11, 11:40 PM
You could apply a really thin ceiling (1/16") to the underside of the slab and tag it.

Scott Womack
2011-02-14, 12:35 PM
What about a spot elevation?

detroit.architecture
2011-02-14, 03:01 PM
What about a spot elevation?

Perfect, thanks! Just needed a bit of graphic adjustment to resemble a typical ceiling tag. I also discovered the top/bottom functionality of the spot elevation (re: floor slab), nice...

Thanks Scott

dhurtubise
2011-02-14, 04:40 PM
I also discovered the top/bottom functionality of the spot elevation (re: floor slab), nice...

Thanks Scott
Like i guess you discover it only works on floors.

tomnewsom
2011-02-15, 04:16 PM
Not at all - I have a spot elevation tag sitting on the underside of a wall that starts 2500mm AFFL. Looks exactly like my ceiling tags on either side (I edited the tag family)

dhurtubise
2011-02-16, 12:00 AM
Meant to say its not going to work on ceilings since you mention floor as ceilings :)