PDA

View Full Version : All 2D views show as transparent

clog boy
2011-02-15, 08:25 AM
Hey all,
I've done a quick Google search (which usually mostly yields AUGI results) but couldn't find a solution or even a previous occurance of this issue.
A drafter worked on a Revit model (filesize 70MB) and it now shows ALL 2D views as 'transparent' (well not totally transparent, but you can see the outline of faces perpendicular to the view through walls). Revit now implemented Superman Vision.
It is only that one file, with hardware acceleration enabled and disabled. I transfered project standards from another project based on that file that doesn't contain the problem, no luck.

I think it is a bug because it happened to all the views simultaneously. Does anyone know what may cause this and if a solution exists?

Kind regards, Bram Weinreder

dhurtubise
2011-02-15, 02:48 PM
What happen if you open that file on another computer?

jessica.146534
2011-02-15, 09:36 PM
I'm sure you already looked at this, but is the visual style set to wireframe instead of hidden line? Maybe someone changed the view template.

DaveP
2011-02-15, 10:25 PM
I think I've seen posts on this before (yes, on AUGI)
IIRC, the model was corrupt and had to be sent to Autodesk support to be fixed.

clog boy
2011-02-16, 09:43 AM
Hey, thanks for the replies.

The problem persists when opening on another PC. Views are set to hidden line but changing to shaded or similar doesn't fix it. Tested with hardware accelleration on and off.
I'm afraid Dave called it. Since the problem is strictly isolated to the entire file, the file must be corrupt. The quickest fix was to start over since the entire operation on the file consisted of duplicating and making new views and sheets.