PDA

View Full Version : Visibility changes when objects are joinet

allr
2011-02-15, 09:20 AM
I made my own isolated foundation. Seen in plan I have turned 3D off and drawn lines to represent the object. When inserting the object it works just fine until to isolated foundations touches each other. Now the 3D turns on and I can't change it back. It seems that if i join to foundations I'll get the same issue. Unjoining won't reset the object.

Img shows the excact same object 4 times. the two at the top have touched each other!

Can someone please help me understand why this is happening. Tanks a lot.
(sorry for my english)

DoTheBIM
2011-02-16, 01:17 PM
Not sure what your asking as it doesn't appear the two on the top are touching. Can you post a project stripped down to just the objects that are giving you a problem?

allr
2011-02-16, 02:43 PM
Sorry I wasn't clear. The two on top has touched each other and thereby been moved apart again. when they touch each other the visibility changes and wont change back (they startet out like the one at the bottom. I have uploaded the family but it might not be the correct way to do it please let me know if not.

DoTheBIM
2011-02-16, 06:06 PM
I get the same behaviour as you, I have a distant memory about such behavior in the structural foundation category, but can't remember fully what the governing rules were. I attempted to go work around the issue by creating a generic model first loading it in then changing to foundation categroy, but Revit wasn't fooled. One way around this is to assign your solid a subcategory and then when in a project turn off the subcategory in each view you don't want to see it. Another way I don't like suggesting... but sometimes it's the only way depending on the situation.... can you use another category?

It's unfortunate that Revit has these implied behaviors that over rule somthing you have set up in a family like visibility in plan& elevation such as this. and doesn't let you know about them.

allr
2011-02-17, 07:56 AM
Thanks a lot for your response. I think I will accept the problem for now. I'ts often ok if you know that others agree that there is a fault and they have the sam unfixable issue.