PDA

View Full Version : Attach Fascia Board to Rafters

drafting.33933
2011-02-15, 07:35 PM
If there was an existing thread to this subject, I am sorry for the duplication.

I am very new to the Revit program (20 years with AutoCAD). I have grasped the basics and have been able to create a couple of models. :lol:

I am now working on a round building made from timber columns and parallam rafters. There are pre-engineered trusses for the center section (see enclosed pdf). I need to place 2x12 dimensional lumber for a fascia board at the ends of the parallam rafters, but cannot figure out the means to do so. My framing between my rafters was done using the Beam System - FYI my parameters for my Beam System are the four columns making each bay.

Please help, thanks.

Ted

sbrown
2011-02-15, 07:44 PM
there are many ways to do this. I typically make various wall types for diff. size boards, Ie Wall 2x, then its material is Wood and its thickness is 1.5" then I can just draw in plan and give it a base offset and unconnected height for various height boards. If you want to be totally "correct" with it you would use a framing member, but you would get a gap between them, then you could adjust the family to have a mitered edge(all this gets real tricky). So I like the wall solution. If its square cut(not plumb), then this is a case an inplace family would work. Just sketch the path and draw your 2x12 profile.

DoTheBIM
2011-02-16, 01:50 PM
Or you could just draw your roof covering as a roof and apply a fascia to the eave and it will follow and miter correctly.