PDA

View Full Version : Shared Parameter... visibility?

reshelty
2011-02-16, 08:20 PM
I have a few things on my project border that I want to be visible on some sheets, but not on others. For example, a north arrow. How can I make it so the arrow can be turned on and off so I don't have to have different borders in the same project?

I'm not even sure if this is the right direction--I created a shared parameter, but then when I try to load it into the types Family parameter is already selected and greyed out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Any help would be appreciated!

cdatechguy
2011-02-16, 08:50 PM
Each symbol/object has a visibility in its properties.....select the little gray box to the far right....this allows you to create a visibility (yes/no) parameter for that object. Then you can create a Family Type that has what you want on or off....Arrows I keep as an instance personally so that I don't need a type.

reshelty
2011-02-16, 09:56 PM
Each symbol/object has a visibility in its properties.....select the little gray box to the far right....this allows you to create a visibility (yes/no) parameter for that object. Then you can create a Family Type that has what you want on or off....Arrows I keep as an instance personally so that I don't need a type.

thanks for your reply cdatechguy! I tried what you suggested as far as I could understand... I found the little gray box and created a parameter for my object... but when I go into the Family Types I see my parameter but there isn't an option for turning visibility on/off... here are images of what I'm looking at... can you tell if I'm missing something?

cdatechguy
2011-02-16, 09:58 PM
The on/off is the check box....