PDA

View Full Version : Elevation Tags Question

renogreen
2011-02-17, 05:06 PM
Part of our construction docs are elevations of all window and door types that we dimension and show references to details. Creating these elevations is no problem. The problem is with the elevation tags that now show up all over the floor plans. We don't want to show those tags so we have to manually go thru each floor plan and hide those elevation tags. Can't just turn off Elevations in View Graphics because we want the building elevation tags to show.

I cannot think of any way around this.

renogreen
2011-02-17, 05:21 PM
After posting this I discovered that by creating a callout view in my elevation rather than an elevation view in plan, my problem is solved.

As Rosanna Rosanadana used to say...never mind.

DaveP
2011-02-17, 08:11 PM
Another option would be to create a separate Elevation Tag for your Windows and then use either a Filter or "Hide at scales coarser than" to not display that Tag type

renogreen
2011-02-17, 09:53 PM
Thanks, Dave. I like that, too.

Scott Womack
2011-02-18, 12:18 PM
Thanks, Dave. I like that, too.

We have created special elevation tags for a host of items, such as curtainwall elevations, etc. We then set those to not display at less that 3/8" scale, and then create a special "Working" only plan view set to 3/8" scale. then we can edit and adjust the elevtions, while not worrying about any of the views on sheets, or getting the filters into the view templates.