PDA

View Full Version : Night Rendering

Steve Jager
2003-10-08, 02:57 PM
Here is the same hotel project at early evening. We have one that came out really good but the file size is too large to send.

Do you think the Owner likes blue glass?

Vincent Valentijn
2003-10-08, 03:09 PM
uh.. :puffy: hope the other one is -much- better, it looks a bit like a "sunstore" there is someone sunbathing in ultraviolet light in every single room? hehe.. The other renderings were so much better.. Mayeb it's worth the effort to do a Photoshop retouch?

Henry D
2003-10-08, 03:23 PM
I like it - I think it's cool! It's not realistic, but surrealistic. Maybe that shows my gaudy sense of taste.

Steve_Stafford
2003-10-08, 03:30 PM
Henry, I like it too...guess we both have tourquoise naugahyde divans?

bclarch
2003-10-08, 03:33 PM
I have to disagree with Vincent. Although it doesn't look as realistic as the other images I do think that it is a very dramatic and expressive image that presents the concept well. Every image does not have to strive for perfect realism. The image should fit the intent of the presentation. If you want to get your client excited about a project then this is just the sort of image that you want. If you presented this image to a goverment planning board for approval you would be committing suicide.

Steve Jager
2003-10-08, 03:54 PM
This was presented along with three other schemes, all night shots. the other ones actually have neon lights on them.

These will hopefully be part of a billion dollar gaming resort. Phase I is done Phase II is started and the hotels will be the other phases.

We showed them green glass and blue. This is a dumbed down version of the final. The final is much more reflective and not so transparent, but this got us the job.

jbalding48677
2003-10-08, 04:04 PM
I have to say it looks pretty cool.

Scott Hopkins
2003-10-08, 05:38 PM
I think that is the coolest Revit rendering I have seen in long time. Not enough realism? Realism definitely does have its place but it doesn't win design competitions or client presentations. Just look at Zaha Hadid's drawings - sometimes you can barely discern that they depict architecture, but they are amazing to look at.

beegee
2003-10-08, 10:01 PM
" The object of art is not to reproduce reality, but to create a reality of the same intensity " _ Alberto Giacmetti.