PDA

View Full Version : Railing -Baluster Cleanup

mme.peel28292390
2011-02-25, 05:08 PM
I have a 4" dia top and bottom rail with 4" dia balusters. My problem is the balusters will not cleanup with the railings. If I add or subtract distance of the balusters to meet the center of the rails they go beyond. Lost for an answer.

Patrick

antman
2011-11-18, 11:28 PM
Any information on this? I'd like a solution as well. This has been driving me crazy.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-11-19, 09:02 PM
I think your only solution is to create a void in your baluster family that carves out the diameter of the top rail. The cleanup works well railing to railing using the 'weld' option but it doesn't weld the baluster to the top rail:(

ttiefenbach
2011-11-23, 07:53 PM
I have a 4" dia top and bottom rail with 4" dia balusters. My problem is the balusters will not cleanup with the railings. If I add or subtract distance of the balusters to meet the center of the rails they go beyond. Lost for an answer.

Patrick

Make sure the balusters are different types than the posts. Using the "Post" setting in a baluster family makes the baluster go to the top of the top rail. You might be able to use that setting and add a void to remove the top of the baluster.

[EDIT}
I've attached an image of a 4" baluster where I've subtracted the bottom slope and top 4" diameter slope to show how I'd do it. If you're interested, I can upload it as a family.
[/EDIT]