PDA

View Full Version : Flipping a wall in place?

mrdavie
2011-02-25, 10:15 PM
The initial perimeter walls were 8" Generic. When changed to a new style (brick and wood stud), the brick face is on the inside. When the wall's orientation is changed, its position is also changed. Is there an easy way to keep the wall in place while flipping? Or, do I have to move the wall after it is flipped?

mrdavie
2011-02-25, 10:21 PM
OK! I have elevated talking to oneself to a higher level. Now I am writing to myself. After starting this thread, I did a Google search on the question. As a result, I realized that if I change the wall alignment to center of wall, I could then change the wall's orientation without affecting its position.

It's ok to talk to yourself, just don't say, "What?"

Scott D Davis
2011-02-25, 10:22 PM
There is a parameter for Walls called Location Line, which can be set to different variables, such as centerline of wall, or centerline of core, or finish face. Pick the appropriate Location Line for the Generic wall to keep it where you want. When you swap this wall out for another, the location line will remain the same and the new wall will "grow" out from that point to it's new thickness.

Mike Sealander
2011-02-26, 02:12 AM
Also be aware of the difference between wall centerline and core centerline. I've been trying to force myself into the habit of checking which location line I am using before I draw a wall.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-02-26, 03:19 AM
If you have a number of walls to change you can select all of them, change the location line and then use the space bar to flip the orientation of all of them at once