PDA

View Full Version : Copy/monitor issues

cbalestreri
2011-03-01, 05:44 PM
I would like to preface this by saying I'm still very new to this whole thing, but I believe the User's manual is very helpful for revit 2011. I set up a sample project of a rectangular building (4 walls), an interior column grid, a grid and a roof. I then set up another project that I am linking the first project to, and using the copy/monitor command to grab the columns and grid out of the linked file. The problem I am having is the columns are not coming coming in as the same type I dropped in the first project. The original columns are HSS 10x10 and the copied type come in as WF. I have found in the options menu where I can change all of this, but it seems silly that this would even be an issue. Why would it automatically start off by changing the type of the original object? My thought is that I have done something wrong setting the whole thing up. any thoughts? For now I have manually changed all the column types to match the link file.

KGC
2011-03-07, 02:40 PM
If the options are set correctly, it should copy the item as you have it set in the options.

dhurtubise
2011-03-08, 01:47 AM
You need to specify the type when you start the copy monitor.