PDA

View Full Version : still no cd.....No Demo time left.

Martin P
2005-01-05, 04:02 PM
Am I alone in not being able to work on 7.0 projects as I still dont have a serial number........(which is stuck to my CD) - email not an option for this??

I am relying on the post to deliver this tomorrow - otherwise I am pretty much high and dry with several projects... not the best start really to my first day back.....

david.kingham
2005-01-05, 04:07 PM
Call support they will give you an auth code

BillyGrey
2005-01-05, 04:26 PM
I got one when I needed it, real quickly.

Good Luck.

Martin P
2005-01-05, 04:53 PM
I called my re-seller, who basically said wait for the CD. As far as I know they are the only support I am supposed to call arent they? (in UK) or is there AUtodesk support for UK users?

BillyGrey
2005-01-05, 05:16 PM
Fly past your reseller and contact factory directly:

1-866-GO-REVIT ( 467-3848 ) Waltham Mass., USA

The 1-886-****-**** portion of the number is a toll free prefix, not sure if it works outside of the US, but if
not, call your international long distance operator assistance.

HTH

Good luck Martin

Bill

Nic M.
2005-01-05, 05:38 PM
Hi Martin,

I downloaded the latest build (20041213_2030) and was able to register using my old serial number. It took 3 sec.

We recieved the CD on the 28/12/04 it had the same serial number as my old one.
stand alone - locked version (don't know if that's a difference)

good luck

bclarch
2005-01-05, 05:39 PM
Martin,
I don't know what the situation is in the UK but I agree with BillyGrey. Time to go to the top. (Maybe one of the factory guys that visit this forum will pick up on this and step in behind the scenes as well.) My boss has a favorite expression that he trots out in situations like this, "Why talk to the horse's a$$ when the head is only six feet away?" Then I would call back your reseller and blister his ears. That kind of attitude is what gives resellers a bad name. It probably won't help but it might give you some satisfaction. Good luck.

rhys
2005-01-06, 08:36 AM
Martin
Don't panic!
Had the same problem yesterday. Depends I think on if your using Revit or Revit Series.
My copy of Revit 7 CD HAS arrived and was the same serial number. Although I authorised over the net without installing the old build on the CD.
My copy of Revit Series has NOT arrived and this would not authorise over the net. For this ignore your resellers advice, if it will not authorise using your old serial number, then generate a request code, and e mail it as instructed in this option to Revits EUR& MiddE people in Germany who will generate the authorisation cose for you. Took a couple of hours. PM me if you need to I'll talk you through.
Rhys

gbrowne
2005-01-06, 09:02 AM
Martin, I got my CD before Christmas, but if you use the old serial number it works as well. They regard it as an upgrade, so the numbers are valid.