PDA

View Full Version : multiple conditional formating

KGC
2011-03-04, 05:28 PM
I am trying to get the parameters to turn off the other two when that particular type is being used. But the way i am wirting it now (as shown below), i cant write the expression this way because it says its a circular reference for the others

How can i write this so it works?

Thanks

KGC
2011-03-04, 05:49 PM
Well i have it working use a separate parameter with integer to control the visibility

BMcCallum
2011-03-04, 06:33 PM
Try this: and(not(Annotation Centre), not(Annotation Right))

KGC
2011-03-04, 07:23 PM
I get the circular referencing for that as well.

BMcCallum
2011-03-04, 08:05 PM
Looks like you're using instance parameters, are you sure you want them to be instance parameters? I would prefer type parameters unless absolutely necessary. I like being able to make a few types and change them from the Type Selector.

You'll have to remove the other formulas first, then add in the formula above: and(not(Annotation Center), not(Annotation Right))

Watch out for my Canadian spelling of 'Centre'; I've changed it to US spelling. Crazy Canucks. :)

KGC
2011-03-04, 08:08 PM
[quotes]Watch out for my Canadian spelling of 'Centre'; I've changed it to US spelling. Crazy Canucks. [\quotes] LOL

I'm almost positive i had them as type parameters, only because i have the different types setup for them. Ill check again....that crazy spelling of yours may have distracted me ;: