PDA

View Full Version : How can I change Revit 2011 measuring units?

Nymph
2011-03-07, 08:52 AM
Hi everybody,

Is there a way to change the measuring units in Revit Architecture 2011 from Feet to Meters?
any tip, or tutorial link would be awesome!
I only want to draw in meters.

Thanx, & sorry about the newbie Q :roll:

bal
2011-03-07, 01:37 PM
Hi everybody,

Is there a way to change the measuring units in Revit Architecture 2011 from Feet to Meters?
any tip, or tutorial link would be awesome!
I only want to draw in meters.

Thanx, & sorry about the newbie Q :roll:

To change the units for the project, you go to MANAGE tab > SETTINGS panel > PROJECT UNITS

If you want to change the units of an individual dimension style, you can do that in the TYPE properties, simply change "UNIT FORMAT" which is towards the end of the Type Parameters list.

Further, Revit will accept units other than the Project Units if you simply type in the units suffix after entering the unit. For example, if your project file is set to Feet and Inches, but you want a window to be half a meter from a wall, you can type either "5m" or "500mm" into the temporary dimension.

Hope this is useful.

DaveP
2011-03-07, 02:03 PM
The Project Units are stored in Revit's Project Template.
RollTiger's method will work for the Project you're working in, but if you want to use Meters on a new Project, make sure you select a Metric Template when you create a new Project. When you install Revit, it should ask if you want Imperial or Metric, so it should have installed a Metric Template (and content)

Nymph
2011-03-07, 05:42 PM
It worked!!

Thnx guys <3