PDA

View Full Version : Revit Schedules

dgt.mantis
2011-03-08, 08:12 PM
I am trying to create a Life Safety table with information like gross building area and occupancy areas.

My first inclination was to create the formatting (like lines and such) in a sheet exactly like we do in AutoCAD. Then create seperate schedules for gross building area and department area. Then insert these schedules in the proper place in the drawn table.

So I have a section that calls for 1st floor area and 2nd floor area. No problem, I created a schedule based on gross floor area with the level as a category. I inserted it and it looks great.

Next, I organized all the rooms into the proper occupancy (like business, assembly, storage etc.) with the "department" parameter. I can do a room schedule categorized by department and then get totals, but how would I only 'extract' the department totals to my sheet? I know that the calculated totals only exist in the schedule. So is there a work around?

How do others create a parametric table like the one I am describing? Perhaps I am dreaming and you have to enter this info in manually:(

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kindest Regards,
d

cganiere
2011-03-08, 09:49 PM
Are you looking for something like this?

dhurtubise
2011-03-08, 11:18 PM
If you are looking for "sub-total" for each department, in the Schedule properties, under Sorting/Grouping sort By Department then check Footer. In the list, pick totals.