PDA

View Full Version : Driveway Connections

seven_tech
2011-03-09, 08:57 PM
ok, just a shout out for some help here. I need a little help on a sidewalk project that we have in our office. the sidewalk itself isn't such a big deal. i have my assembly built, my alignment along the connection point, in this case the existing back of curb and my corridor is working fine. the problem i am running into is when i do a driveway connection. i have a pdf attached to this message and hopefully it can explain things a little bit better than i can. Hey, a picture is worth a 1000 words right? i am thinking i will need another assembly or i can probably just do it with feature lines, but i'm not 100% sure on this. if anybody knows of a to do this or can point me to some sort of documentation or instruction, the help would be most appreciated

Aquaserpent
2011-09-01, 02:40 PM
What I have done is create an alignment from the edge of pavement and use a basic lane and then used polylines to define the tagets for the driveway transistions and limits.

mjfarrell
2011-09-20, 04:25 PM
what one can also do...is insert sample stations in the corridor
then use the Section editor to override the curb height and sidewalk slope parameters to model the driveway.

dgordon.68443
2012-01-17, 05:59 PM
in 2012 there are new horizontal conditional sub assemblies that help with including driveways in corridors.

mjfarrell
2012-01-19, 04:37 PM
in 2012 there are new horizontal conditional sub assemblies that help with including driveways in corridors.

I think one will still find that over riding the section values is a more direct route than using a conditional assembly for driveways.