PDA

View Full Version : Journal File Location?

cosmickingpin
2005-01-05, 08:59 PM
I think I might have used to know this but, I can't be sure...

Journal Files, How do I set a default location. I just upgraded to 7.0 and it is placing them on my desktop.
Thanks for any help on this...

FK
2005-01-06, 07:23 PM
Edit properties of the link that you use to start Revit, into "Start in" put something like "C:\Program Files\Autodesk Revit 7.0\Journals\" or whatever you want.

LRaiz
2005-01-06, 07:55 PM
Edit properties of the link that you use to start Revit, into "Start in" put something like "C:Program FilesAutodesk Revit 7.0Journals" or whatever you want.
In reality you better make sure that your start-in directory is always pointing to Journals folder that has the same parent folder as Program folder into which Revit.exe is installed. Such setup will insure that Revit automatically makes periodic clean ups of old journals and you don't have to do it manually. Normally installer creates folder structure and sets up shortcuts appropriately.

cosmickingpin
2005-01-06, 09:48 PM
I can't be entirely sure if I used to know that, but that sure did the trick. The complete Install does take care of that, but I work in a large office and I wanted all users to be linked to server content, that was the reason for partial installs. There were a few other bugs, next time I won't bother.

LRaiz
2005-01-06, 10:42 PM
Revit 7.0 installer provides an option to prepare network deployment. If you use this option then all installed content would be on a shared server, individual installations would be much simplified and all details (like journal file locations) taken care off.