PDA

View Full Version : Raytrace not working with Laptop

Arnel Aguel
2003-10-09, 05:47 AM
I'm having some problem here and i don't have any idea how to resolve this issue. I installed revit 5.1 demo on my laptop its a compaq presario 3080 2.4 Mhz P4, 512 Mb Ram, 32 Mb Video card.

After i've done some modelling and would try to render the scene most of the buttons under rendering are all greyed out except for Lighting, Lighting Groups and daylights.

Is there any hidden command in order to activate the rest of the menu?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

beegee
2003-10-09, 05:55 AM
I have an idea that the demo may not have rendering capability. (I could be wrong about that though.) Check the read me file.

Arnel Aguel
2003-10-09, 06:25 AM
Beegee, I had actually installed before the demo on my desktop and it works fine including the rendering menu. This problem only pop up in my laptop.

Anybody has a better idea?

beegee
2003-10-09, 06:42 AM
Switch to a new 3D view and try that.
Or check that you're not reattempting a paused render ( restart button )

Arnel Aguel
2003-10-09, 07:05 AM
Beegee, i've already tried several 3d views but still the same. The only active menus are light groups, daylight and component.

Regarding your suggestion to check whether it is not a paused render, it is not. The restart button will not show up unless the raytrace menu is activated.

Will it helps if i uninstall then reinstall the program?

Phil Palmer
2003-10-09, 08:37 AM
Check your settings/options menu and Rendering TAB
Make sure the AccuRender resource location is set to the correct place.

I am sure I had this problem in the past and it was that.

Arnel Aguel
2003-10-09, 12:03 PM
I resolved the issue by uninstalling and installing again the program.

Thanks anyway for all the reply.

rreissig1788
2003-10-09, 01:12 PM
I have a laptop, and have had very little problems.....

HOWEVER.....I also have 1 GIG of RAM in the laptop. IF you can swing it, I would highly recommend it.