PDA

View Full Version : Filled Region Pattered Mirrored

jonszcz
2011-03-15, 08:49 PM
I haven't been able to find this problem, nor an answer to anything like this, elsewhere, so hopefully I'm not being daft and just missing something simple.

In our office, we are using a detail component nested inside a profile which is used to define a wall sweep. The detail component is a brick soldier course with a kerf cut out of it and a relief angle behind. The brick is drawn as a filled region with drafting lines. They are parallel 45 degree angle lines going up in this "/ / /" direction. The profile line are locked to the detail component to define a rectangle.

In the model, we have been using the profile to define a wall sweep. Everything works fine when looking at the sweep where the brick is on the right and the angle is on the left (as drawn in the detail component). When we cut a section and look the other way (brick on the left, angle on the right), the hatch pattern on the brick is mirrored. It looks like this "\ \ \"

This isn't a huge deal, but it definitely looks wrong since the hatch for all the running bond brick below is "/ / /". Am I missing something easy and silly, or is this an issue I'm just going to have to live with? I've heard a similar thing before where people needed to have 2 different detail components depending on the way they are viewing a family, but this doesn't really work where I'm trying to embed the detail into something that will be cut multiple different ways.

Looking forward to any/all suggestions.
Thanks
Jon