PDA

View Full Version : Shared Check Box

ronsarlo
2011-03-15, 11:11 PM
In the Properties Palette when editing a family, there are a couple categories.

Constraints
Graphics
Identity Data
and Other.

Under the Other category, there is a parameter there called "Shared" with just a simple check box beside it.

I've tried searching for what this does, but using the keyword "shared" for revit related searches just returns me everything else under the sun. It's just to vague of a search.

Would anybody be able to enlighten me to its function and any related Help Documents?

thank you so much.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-03-16, 06:40 AM
When you check that box for a nested family it allows the nested family to be scheduled independent of it's host. For example nest a chair into a table family and the furniture schedule will show a table and a chair.

ronsarlo
2011-03-16, 10:54 PM
Oh, I was hoping it was an inter-modelling thing.

Would happen to know which help section that talks about that check box more?
I'm rather curious now.

Dimitri Harvalias
2011-03-17, 12:08 AM
<Blazing saddles mode on> Documentation? We don't need no stinkin' documentation! <Blazing saddles mode off>

All joking aside, I looked and I couldn't find it anywhere. Searched the User Guide, Family Creation Guide ( a total of 2450 pages) on-line help.. nuttin'!:banghead:
Frustrating!
Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.
What were you hoping it would be and what are you trying to accomplish?

ronsarlo
2011-03-17, 12:21 AM
Hahahaha, I was looking for something to increase interoperability between the Arch and Structural models. I don't think this helps in any way towards that. :lol:

But it has helped me out in getting compound column and beam families to be scheduled. Thanks!

:beer: