PDA

View Full Version : Export did not succeed

Tom.White
2011-03-16, 03:58 PM
I am using Map3D 2011 and started getting this message last week. It worked ok since I installed it last spring. The dialog box works as usual and I can use the Automatic selections. It pauses as if to execute but returns this message. Any help?

T.W.

Jmurphy
2011-03-16, 09:12 PM
What format are you exporting to? Have you tried an repair install of MAP3D? Any other GIS software installed on the workstation?

Tom.White
2011-03-17, 12:08 PM
I did repair the Map 3D installation, that's the first thing I tried.
I also have ArcGIS installed on the computer. It's been running for several years now and I have not upgraded it since last year.
Something like this happened before with Map 3D version 9, I believe. I was using it ok until I tried to use the "Load Objects" function in ArcInfo. After that the mapexport function in Map3D crashed. The problem went away when I upgraded Map3D. There seems to be a connection betweed the two, but I don't know how that can be possible.
The strange thing now is that I haven't been using the "Load Objects" function because that doesn't work right either. I am trying to get help from that side too. I have been relying on the Map 3D export to get everything into the GIS for almost a year now but this message just started recently.

T.W.

Tom.White
2011-03-17, 12:13 PM
Oops, I forgot. I normally export to ESRI .shp files, but yesterday I tried to export to a ESRI coverage. It worked ok but ArcInfo would not let me edit it because I didn't have the rights.

T.W.

Jmurphy
2011-03-17, 01:18 PM
There is a file in the C:\Program Files\Common Files folder that is used by both AutoCAD MAP3D and ESRI, some how I foget what the fix was or it may be in the C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local folders. A quick search in the knowlege base didn't help either. You're not running Civil 3D are you?

Tom.White
2011-03-17, 07:29 PM
No I am not using Civil 3D.
I found out that the "Load Objects" wasn't working is because ArcMap can't read any .dwg files saved with the recent versions. If I "Save As" a version 2000 file it works ok. Now I can't blame it on ArcMap/ArcInfo.
I'll look it the folder you mentioned for anything that rings a bell.

T.W.

FarNorthCad
2013-11-26, 08:58 PM
Can you walk me thru creating a shape file? I am a GIS novice. The help file with Autocad isn't helping much. Or I am completely misreading it (very possible).
Thanks
C.P.

Jmurphy
2013-11-27, 12:09 AM
Can you walk me thru creating a shape file? I am a GIS novice. The help file with Autocad isn't helping much. Or I am completely misreading it (very possible).
Thanks
C.P.

Try this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2NihilsEZQ)for a start then ask again if you have questions.