PDA

View Full Version : Human Head Modeling And Animation

hitesh.bhagdev
2011-03-17, 04:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new to Maya and 3D world. I am learning Maya through video tutorial which are available free online. Now I have some basic knowledge of it and want to make an animation of human head so please guide me on below topics:

1] Which kind of modeling I should use for this purpose? Means I should use polygon modeling or NURBS modeling? Which is better? What is the difference between this two types of modeling? When I should use polygon modeling and when I should use NURBS modeling?

2] After making model of human head which one should be the second step ? It should be texturing or rendering or skeleton or paint effect? Please specify all the steps in correct index.

3] Please give me the link from where I can get free video tutorial of all the steps which are mandatory for making an animation of human head. I mean free tutorial video series of making human head to animate it.

I will be thankful if you can help me as I am learning it myself I have not joined any institute to learn it so please give me the guidance of the steps in correct order.

Thanks in advance.

BlackBox
2011-03-22, 03:26 PM
1] Which kind of modeling I should use for this purpose? Means I should use polygon modeling or NURBS modeling? Which is better? What is the difference between this two types of modeling? When I should use polygon modeling and when I should use NURBS modeling?

Personally, I find modeling with NURBS surfaces to be simpler/easier for someone just starting out.

2] After making model of human head which one should be the second step ? It should be texturing or rendering or skeleton or paint effect? Please specify all the steps in correct index.

To back-step a bit... Modeling a human head with a NURBS Sphere is relatively easy. Simply rotate the sphere so that one pole is at the crown of the head, while the other is in the mouth position. Add complexity to the Sphere in order to make the various components (i.e., Lips, Nose, etc.).

Once you've modeled the human head you should... well, that entirely depends on the scope of work for what you're trying to do (that's something you *should* have decided before starting your work).

If trying to produce a flat, static image, then simply texture, light, and render your image.

If you're trying to produce an animation sequence, then set your key frame facial controls for the various positions / expressions you'll need for your sequence, then animate, texture, light, and render your Targa sequence... something that can then be brought into a non-linear video editing application, such as Adobe After Effects.

Note - A full character rig *should* only be necessary for models with limbs.

3] Please give me the link from where I can get free video tutorial of all the steps which are mandatory for making an animation of human head. I mean free tutorial video series of making human head to animate it.

Try performing a Google search.

Hope this helps!