PDA

View Full Version : Dialog box

XVD
2011-03-19, 07:54 AM
Dear friends,
I post for the first time at the international forum because I have a big problem! I attend most of the time the forum in French. My English is not very good, I apologize! :Oops:
So... my BIG problem:.
Since yesterday afternoon, the dialogs "Windows " when doing "save as ..." no longer appears! I thought it was a problem in Revit, finding no solution, I reinstall Revit. And then, the situation is more complicated! In options, when I want to change the path of the template file and others, I no longer have the dialog windows either! Can you help me?
Friendly.
Xav

rosskirby
2011-03-19, 02:11 PM
Are you using two monitors? Or is it possible that the dialog box is just off the screen?

XVD
2011-04-13, 07:29 AM
Yes, I use two monitors ... But it's like I had a "third " virtual ...??? The help desk told me that here is a problem with windows 7. But when I change the session on the same computer, there's no problem! Thank's again!
XAV

scowsert
2011-04-13, 02:20 PM
I'm with Ross it sounds like your revit is displaying the dialog box on another monitor. Does it pause and wait for you do something after clicking the button?

Guys whats the advice to reset the Revit Dialog Box locations?

cganiere
2011-04-13, 04:43 PM
I'm with Ross it sounds like your revit is displaying the dialog box on another monitor. Does it pause and wait for you do something after clicking the button?

Guys whats the advice to reset the Revit Dialog Box locations?

Try disconnecting the additional monitors and maximize the program to the single monitor.

jsnyder.68308
2011-04-13, 04:45 PM
If you have a windows keyboard, try pushing the windows button and the left or right arrow button at the same time. This will cycle the active window location - including dialog boxes.

antman
2011-04-13, 05:23 PM
Hold the ALT keyboard button and tap the Spacebar. Then tap the 'M' key (for Move). Then tap a directional arrow key (doesn't matter which one). Then move the mouse and the dialog box should snap to the mouse.

ppirtle
2011-04-13, 06:31 PM
In addition to other suggestions, you can try right-clicking on the Windows Task Bar and select "Show windows side by side" from the popup menu.

drewj
2011-04-13, 08:23 PM
Hold the ALT keyboard button and tap the Spacebar. Then tap the 'M' key (for Move). Then tap a directional arrow key (doesn't matter which one). Then move the mouse and the dialog box should snap to the mouse.

Wow, making a note of that little group of commands, works great!

stephan.villeneuve
2011-04-14, 07:38 PM
Hello.

I'm not good in English too but I'm trying.

2 users in our company are had this same problem this week but with "Modify Group" and with Internet yesterday, I have finding few methods to repair.

It's possibly when working with 2 monitors.

For our problem, a quick answer is to create a new projet (RVT) and make a Group and trying to make a modification so "Modify Group" normaly will be appears.

Close this projet without saving and in a good projet, this "Modify Group" menu will be existing.

See also:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-Architecture/Edit-Group-box-disappeared-REVIT-2011/td-p/2698269

http://simpledesignsense.com/blog/2010/05/14/revit-2011-new-feature-review-user-interface/

Good luck!