PDA

View Full Version : Section Heads

momarch
2011-03-19, 02:30 PM
I am a relatively new Revit user, but have created 4 models with customized families, customized storefronts, etc. However, this is kind of a "dunce" question that I simply can't figure out. Every time I google or read about section heads, I get info on how to customize. I don't want to customize them yet --- just can't seem to figure out how to put the darn numbers into the DEFAULT section head! Even the Autodesk help section doesn't seem to help. Can someone please explain this very simply? Thanks!

richardarchitect
2011-03-19, 03:12 PM
Once you place the Section View on a sheet, it will fill out automatically with the Section Number and the Sheet Number.

momarch
2011-03-19, 04:07 PM
Well, DUH !!! (I figured I was missing something really simple.) So far, I have only exported a section to ACAD for some fancy poche-ing that I didn't know how to do well in Revit ..... thus, so sheet !!!

I would like to recommend to Autodesk that they take such simple things into account when writing help instructions. It's very easy to overlook the simple stuff when you are writing instructions.

Thank you richardarchitect !!! Your help is very much appreciated.