PDA

View Full Version : topo

chris.80515
2005-01-06, 02:58 PM
what is the best way to draw and edit topo in revit when are tracing hand drawn topo lines

aggockel50321
2005-01-06, 03:14 PM
One method:

Scan, import, and position the sketch.

Using the point method, set your elevation to match a contour, & then place points along the contour at an interval that best expresses the contour's configuration (usually at the major bends).

If your contours are a 2d dwg, Another method:

In a new project, Import the .dwg. Using the line (model line) command with the pick option, set your work plane at the elevation of a contour, and pick each segmet of the contour.

Reset your work plane to the next contour, & repeat above, until you've done all the contours. Then place a reference line to some known object that you can use to position your new .dwg (see below)

Turn off your imported sketch, & export the resultant model lines out to a .dwg or .dgn.

Import the resultant .dwg into your project, start a topo, and use the "use imported data" option to set up your contour.

Andre Baros
2005-01-06, 03:25 PM
To prevent your eye's from crossing, I recommend working on a topo with as few other entities turned on as possible, nothing else ideally. Also, I would always edit topo's in wireframe mode.

ledis_nomad1817
2005-01-06, 06:56 PM
A slightly different way from andrewg's:
If you are willing to use AutoCAD, I personally like to trace my scanned hand-drawings using polylines. Then I set the elevation of the polyline and use Revit's "use imported data" method. For me, tracing contours in AutoCAD is much faster and using an elevated polyline contour dwg is much more accurate than Revit's point method.