PDA

View Full Version : IF Formular Help?

Hulston1982
2011-03-24, 11:35 AM
I am trying to create a parameter formula that when one parameter = something it can fill in another parameter.

I have 73 door types in my single door family, with only a few codes for Function, Mechanism, and Description, so if i can create this formular it could avoid me having to fill in the Function, Mechanism, and Description that each door requires in the 73 doors.

I have 3 Function Codes, 11 Mechanism Codes and 36 Description codes.

An example door Type is D-01-SB-26a, and has variances of the above codes.

I have attached an example explaning this. The Description is the Category and Composition together.

This may not be the best way to label doors but it wasn't up to our practice, i'm just looking for my quickest solution?

My example:

If the Category and Composition code = SF than the Description of this = Zinc coated sheet steel hollow core with double glazed panels (outer panel with solar reflective laminated & inner panel with low emissivity glass) & steel lipping to all edges, PVF metallic finish to both sides of leaf.

Some descriptions are quite long, as above.

It may just not be worth doing, but thought it may save me time?

Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

glynnis.patterson
2011-03-24, 02:25 PM
Hi Alex,

If/then statements are always a pain to develop, particularly within Revit. If you were dealing with 100s of Description Codes then I'd say it would be worth your time, but since you aren't I'm wondering if using Key Styles for your Description Code might be the simplest route? Description Code (Key) and Description Text would be in the Key Schedule - this would eliminate the need for separate Category and Composition parameters. It appears from your example that both the Function and Mechanism params do not require an If/Then so they need to be filled out regardless.

jamesgchambers
2011-03-24, 11:46 PM
Either Key Styles or a type catalog. You could use formulas in Excel to automatically generate your types...