PDA

View Full Version : Metal Deck Profile

dgillespie
2005-01-06, 04:55 PM
I would like to use the LW Concrete w/ Metal Deck floor and have it show the metal deck profile. I've seen other posts that suggest using an in-place floor component with a deck profile or a structural beam system with the floor being separate piece. Although these are great work arounds, I'd rather use what Revit has provided (supposedly?).

Has anyone found where you assign a profile to the "Structural Deck [1]" function in the floor structure? When you select Structural Deck, it asks you to load a deck profile, but gives you no place to specify one that I can find.

Thanks-
Donnie

sfaust
2005-01-06, 06:40 PM
I think that is a future structural enhancement. I think in place is the only way to do that now. The normal procedure is to just use a 1.5" (or whatever thickness) layer in the floor structure and use a repeating detail to draw in the actual deck profile in sections and details.

Hope that helps.

dgillespie
2005-01-06, 06:46 PM
Steve-
Just wanted to let you know that Jesse here thinks you're a moron.

sfaust
2005-01-06, 06:49 PM
I thought that was you. Tell him far out man, far out. so when did you guys start using Revit?

dgillespie
2005-01-06, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Steve. Hope Yuma is fantastic and warm, because Kansas City is miserable.

sfaust
2005-01-06, 06:55 PM
so I hear. It's sunny and warm here :)

dgillespie
2005-01-06, 06:56 PM
Jesse and I have been on it since December. We haven't put any completed projects through yet, but will soon. We also have a couple guys on the B-side using it. We love it. We're trying to customize everything so we can eliminate as many gripes as possible.

sfaust
2005-01-06, 06:57 PM
cool... continued on personal message...

J. Grouchy
2005-01-06, 09:46 PM
I would like to use the LW Concrete w/ Metal Deck floor and have it show the metal deck profile. I've seen other posts that suggest using an in-place floor component with a deck profile or a structural beam system with the floor being separate piece. Although these are great work arounds, I'd rather use what Revit has provided (supposedly?).

Has anyone found where you assign a profile to the "Structural Deck [1]" function in the floor structure? When you select Structural Deck, it asks you to load a deck profile, but gives you no place to specify one that I can find.

Thanks-
Donnie
It would be terrific to be able to specify this so that the decking runs in a particular direction so cutting it in one direction shows the fluting and cutting it the other way does not. They're already so close...