PDA

View Full Version : Edit site location for export to Revit

joekozelka
2011-03-28, 04:30 PM
I am trying to import a DWG file that I received from a survey company from the Seychelles. When I try the attach or link option under insert in Revit, I get this message saying that the site is greater than 20 cubic meters in size. My site is 4000 M2. I have read that it is because the site location or co-ordinates do not match up and are too far apart and that I must locate my site closer to my drawing location. I went into Revit where it was easy to set my project in the Seychelles. I still get the same message. I have looked at the properties of the DWG, The site scale is correct and shows its true size.
My question is how I edit the site location in Autodesk Architecture 2012; I have converted this file from an earlier version which when first loaded said that it is a read only file. The converted file seems to be editable.
The survey shows lines marked at E+323375 and N+9485550 Excuse me for my ignorance I should fully understand these and tell exactly where on the planet the site is to the meter. I don't. In Rivit the option is to set the site location to longitude and latitude, which I have done. I am now working on the solution of checking the site location that is somewhere embedded in the drawing.
Has anyone any experience with this problem?

Thanks.
Joe

dkoch
2011-03-28, 10:52 PM
I moved your thread to the Revit Architecture General Forum, as I feel you will get a better response to your question here.