PDA

View Full Version : Room tags associated with rooms

mrdavie
2011-04-01, 10:45 PM
Is there a way to set the default room tag when placing rooms?

Mike Sealander
2011-04-02, 01:16 AM
The tag Revit uses when you call up the Tag or Room Tag command can be set by a little button called Tags... that pops up on the options bar. Once a tag is chosen, it will remain the tag used for Rooms (or whatever other type of object you may be mousing over). I don't think there is a way to control which of several tags Revit might use upon startup. I have gotten into the habit of using Create Similar when I want to tag an object, or for that matter create almost anything. The Select All Instances command is also useful for globally cleaning up a file: don't even bother to use the right room tag until the very end, and then Select All Instances!

mrdavie
2011-04-02, 02:16 AM
Thanks for both tips - choosing tag when placing it and tidying-up technique. I fear the last, which I end up doing a lot, is prone to an oversight on my part. Still, that usually is the expedient solution when I have forgotten to change the tag type.

Thanks again.

JStoney27
2011-04-02, 12:20 PM
Under the "Annotate" tab, "Tag" panel (at the bottom of the panel), you will see a little down arrow, next to the word Tag. Click on that down arrow and then select "Loaded Tags". Here, on the left, you will see all of the Categories that can have tags associated with them. On the right, you can select which tag family and type you want to use as the default for each category everytime you tag an element.

cdatechguy
2011-04-04, 01:11 AM
Pay attention to that little arrow.....you will see its used in quite a few panels.... ;)