PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Revit File

tomansill747521
2011-04-04, 02:31 PM
Hello,

I have recently corrupted my only copy of .rvt file because I plugged my flashdrive to my computer and somehow my computer turned itself off. Once I started up,all my other Revit projects plus regular Microsoft Office files work fine except this .rvt file. I have tried looking for my backup and unfortunately there is none. I went to google to find a solution to the problem. I found this website, http://www.augi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1376. It says I can send my corrupted Revit file to this email address so the file can be restored and be returned. I tried and got an email back saying that email address no longer exists.
Can anyone please help me fix this .rvt file? This file is pretty important for my school project.

Thank you

drewj
2011-04-04, 03:21 PM
If you have access to subscription support, then you will be able to contact and ask for them to take a look at the file. They will set up an FTP if the file size is over 10mb as a lot of email addresses dont allow email attachments over this size. Go to the key symbol drop down tool and select Create a new support request. example image attached of tool location

tomansill747521
2011-04-13, 12:00 PM
If you have access to subscription support, then you will be able to contact and ask for them to take a look at the file. They will set up an FTP if the file size is over 10mb as a lot of email addresses dont allow email attachments over this size. Go to the key symbol drop down tool and select Create a new support request. example image attached of tool location

Okay, I have asked my teacher about Subscription Support. She said the school didn't sign the contract for Subscription Support. So I don't have an access to Subscription Support. Is there another way to contact Autodesk and send a file to them to fix it?

digihumminbird
2017-01-03, 03:11 PM
Are you possibly using worksharing? If not, do you have your backups stored anywhere handy (the .0001, .0002, etc. files)?